Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ash's blog entry - week 7


Ash in action with a heels-elevated back
squat



As the weeks continue I am feeling healthier and starting to see real changes in my overall body shape and tone… I’ve even been getting compliments and people are starting to take notice of how much change my body is going through.  I have stayed true to the eating plan that has been supplied to me by Andrew and I’m starting to get more inventive with my meals, always keeping in mind to be healthy and you can never have too many veggies and fruits!!!! I made a mad salad for my lunches this week with roasted veggies and lean kangaroo meat!!!!

I do have a very short attention span and I get bored very easily so taking up new activities to reach my quota of physical exercise for each day has been a necessity. I run every day around Centennial Park (as it is close to my work) and I found that I was getting too bored and not enjoying it as much so I simply started running around the park in the opposite direction and it’s amazing what a difference it made.  One of my favourite forms of weekly exercise are the Boot Camps run by Andrew, the team dynamic and variety in exercises really keeps things interesting and fun.  I try and make Boot Camp 3 times a week. I have started incorporating interval training into my cardio routine.  I have found this exhausting but very satisfying!!! I found a large oval in Centennial Park and do 400m sprints, 8 times with a short rest in between each set.

In addition to the above exercise I have taken up playing squash. When I was at school I used to play a lot of squash and really enjoyed it, though recently due to work commitments and a hectic social life I didn’t have the time to play.  Now I have gotten a few friends together and once a week we have a friendly sociable hit, not to mention it’s a great bum workout!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment