Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Greg Keith's blog Week 8-9


I can’t believe it is already week 8. The recent two weeks have been hectic: boot camp with Life Active Monday, Wednesday and Friday ( yes I even went and did the rainy days as well, after all it is boot camp rain hail or shine) and of course my regular gym workout.

Last weekend was full on with work Christmas where the theme was 80’s and I was told I make an awesome Freddie McGuire (note 8 weeks ago I was too embarrassed to wear a singlet). At the Christmas Party I had a steak which I am not quite used to, I felt like Patsy in AB Fab where she ate her first meal. Luckily there was spinach on the plate which satisfied my cravings. Other people offered their spinach on their plate as well. LOL I think everyone now knows my favourite vegetable is spinach. Drink wise.. hmmm I poured myself a glass of wine and had one sip couldn’t stomach it so it was back to the faithful glass of spring water.
Stayed at a friend’s place that night, then it was TRX training in the morning with Ianthea through Life Active and Golds Gym which was awesome, learnt some great exercise to strengthen the core muscles. After this it was off to the DNA Pool party which the heavens opened to glorious shiny day at the IVY Pool. The models showing off the different styles of costumes - what can I say, very impressive (maybe one day I may look like them hmm). To tell you the truth not really concerned as one of the things I wanted to get out of this competition was get back into shape, I can honestly say I have never been in better shape.

It was a great day and yes I did have one drink I have to confess a Vodka and soda with a dash of lemon. My partner Wayne even won a $300 towel not sure how to use it may have to frame it. Gee never knew a towel could be so expensive but thank you DNA!

After DNA pool party it was off to a birthday dinner at Rambutan on Oxford Street for my partner and also a friend who had theirs as well. As Andrew said I could have a night off from the strict diet, I did and the food was awesome! During the course of the dinner I also had two Belini cocktails which went straight to my head which meant I became fairly verbal LOL how orgasmic the food was.
Got up the next morning and it was back to the gym for a 45min row, felt great in the morning as I hadn’t drank much that night before but yet still had a fantastic time.

I am now starting to notice the difference in myself health wise as well, one of the people at work asked me if I will keep it up and maintain everything once the completion has finished. My answer was yes I will not go back to the way I was. One of the books which Andrew lent us, The Paleo Diet, helps you to maintain a healthy diet and lead you in the direction of healthy lifestyle.

This Christmas I am hoping to have a Paleo Christmas dinner fingers crossed my close friends will be in for it and no the menu is not predominately spinach LOL. Heck I even found a healthy way of making a Christmas pudding, my mouth salivates when I think about it. Woops wasn’t supposed to mention that as it was going to be a surprise for my friends at Christmas.

Okay I think you’ve written enough here Greg. Hope it wasn’t too much information but the things I have learnt during the period so far my head spins just thinking about it. You can follow me if you want to on twitter which is there to keep myself accountable @Greg491.

No comments:

Post a Comment