Sunday, November 6, 2011

Greg's blog - Week 4

Greg doing single arm pulldowns

Finished week four and boy have I learnt a lot, not only about me, but also how what you put in your body affects how you look on the outside. You may laugh, saying isn’t that obvious, but it’s easy to fall in the trap where we take the easy option and do a stir fry but buy a nice sauce to go with it which is processed and full of sugar. Since cutting out these things I have felt full of energy and alert throughout the day. Heck I even became a bit like Cameron Tucker to my partner in Season 3: Episode 3: “Phil on Wire” of Modern family where he goes on diet cleaning out the cupboards saying this is poison, we need to get rid of it. Luckily I have a great partner who is supporting me through the whole thing, heck he is even challenging me now as well doing the same routine going to the gym both in the morning and at lunch (Weights 45-60min in the morning, Lunch 30 min aerobic workout in the gym or go for a jog)

One thing I have also found useful is keeping a food journal. I always thought this was a stupid thing to do, but Andrew has encouraged us to do it as a result I have learnt some foods can affect me in the sense of making me feel lethargic, and I may be even  intolerant to dairy.

In the last 4 weeks I have already lost over 5 Kilos as well putting on muscle, I am even starting to think I can see the glimpse of a six pack which I thought I would never get. I have the picture of myself in the magazine as a constant reminder of someone who I don’t want to go back to being, I know the journey has only just started but the  change that has happened so far is well worth the effort.

If I can do this anyone can! All I needed was a kick up the backside to do something.

I have also started keeping a tweet to be accountable to myself if you want to follow me, you are more than welcome to, at @greg491

No comments:

Post a Comment