Friday, November 18, 2011

Greg's blog - week 6

I can’t believe it is week six already, the time has flown.  The last two weeks have been interesting with the silly season starting, with corporate functions for work. Usually I would be drinking but instead have been there with my faithful glass of natural spring water.  Has this stopped me from networking in the company? No! In fact I have never felt more alive and full of beans at the functions (I think this is in part how people react when they see me and how much I have changed in the last 6 weeks).

Greg and Ash at our fortnightly group meeting. Note the teas
only (no coffee, no banana bread!)
Last weekend I went sailing with my partner and my step son with the Careel  Sailing group (which is the sailing club for the 18 foot Careel  trailer yacht we have at the moment) on the Hawkesbury. I was worried about drinking of each afternoon; traditionally we have a few bevies.. but felt okay with the glass of sparkling water. Also Wayne and I prepared a nice platter with celery and cucumber and a bowl of almond butter. It was funny when we put it out, one of the group remarked how we always outdo the others in being “so lah-dee-dah “. They all loved the almond butter. The interesting thing was some of the others were also on diets so on Saturday we had a kilo of fresh prawns and oysters between us overlooking the Hawkesbury; my mouth still salivates when I think of it. The funny thing is my taste buds lately (note: I crave spinach now) seem to react to different foods due to a strict regime of foods I have been eating. While sailing, I also managed to fit a nice swim on Saturday out to one of the buoys and back a couple of times.

But enough of the sailing weekend! How has the training been going in general? Great! Andrew has put us on new gym regime which I’m enjoying. In fact he’s turned me in to a gym junkie, LOL. But I must admit this week I lost it a bit in the sense I became demotivated, not that I didn’t stop going but felt in general a bit deflated.  But with Andrew’s help and encouragement and also colleagues at work etc. pushed through it.  The   changes that have happened over the last 6 weeks I know I couldn’t have done this without Andrew as my gym instructor, also Life active Boot Camps look forward to going to the session and have even started going to the ones during the week ( 6 AM).

Woops sorry everyone have written quite a bit here, hope you haven’t become bored.  But I can’t stop I have gone from a 34 inch waist down to 30inch, wish I didn’t throw out all those old jeans. I can touch me toes now which I couldn’t do at all thanks to Mike from City Clinic where he used Active Release Techniques and a bit of chiro.

Okay Greg time to stop, look forward to doing the next blog stay tuned and if any of you want to you can follow me on twitter @Greg491 which I am using as a tool to keep myself accountable on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment