Monday, November 21, 2011

Andre's blog - week 6


I have actually no idea what week we are in now haha! I've just been so busy with all the training the last weeks and the time has just flew by so fast. 

To be honest, I am very proud of myself! I am eating lots of healthy stuff every day and I have quit alcohol - Yay me! Once in a while I have some, but mostly I am alcohol free. You have no idea how much I miss going out drinking and partying, but it will be worth it in the end! I have even been joining boot camp a couple of times and on Wednesday I will be in Prince Alfred Park at 6:00AM to torture my body - and straight after I'm off to the gym for a group workout with Greg and Ash. My poor body I'd say, but no pain no gain I've heard...

Andre in a front squat
I am always asking Andrew whether I am doing it right or wrong or whether I can eat this or that. The question I have been asking him the most is; Why don't my muscles grow faster? Seriously, these last 2 weeks I have been working my arse off. I've been to the gym every single day (with of course a day off or two to let my muscles rest). One day at the gym I had this insane experience. I can't explain it very well I guess, but I'll try. My mind just went like "I want this so bad, I'm gonna make it no matter how hard it will be". A rush went through my body and I was pumping it! Haha. My body was aching, but I just continued no matter how bad it hurt. I have seriously never ever sweated (btw yuck lol) like that in my entire life. That was my best workout during these weeks. So you see, I'm just very frustrated that I don't see quite the results I would like to see. Of course, I have definitely changed since we started, but I have been working so hard. Andrew tells me that I should just relax, continue with what I'm doing and just don't stress about it since everyone is different. I know that if you work hard, are focused and motivated you can achieve whatever you want and that is exactly how I will keep on doing! 

Demonstrating a reverse lunge on
the smith
Btw, I'm going to DNA's Pool Party at the Ivy this Saturday which I'm totally freaking out about! Omg! There is going to be incredibly hot guys with their muscly, tanned bodies and in their small speedos, and what about me? Haha. I'm the least confident person ever and my self esteem is equal to zero. I guess I just have to be myself, wear something fierce and just smile, laugh and enjoy it! I will let you know how it went next time.

There's not much more to say ATM other than keep going no matter how impossible it may look. If you too are bulking up and don't quite see results then just work a bit harder! You can only achieve what you want through hard work and I can guarantee you that you will make it in the end! 

I'm off to the gym, you should too! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment