Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ash's blog Week 9


So as the weeks roll on I must say that the past fortnight has been the hardest yet, and it’s not because of social commitments or the silly season… hell its not even alcohol related. It’s to do with motivation and personal drive. I have found myself over the past two weeks slipping into a rut. I put it down to the end of the year and wanting a holiday from work and ‘normal’ life so badly. I guess the novelty of the competition has worn off and now it seems like a lot of hard work to maintain the focus and drive required.
I still have the motivation to exercise as I enjoy that the most… it’s actually the only thing keeping me sane. I maintain working out everyday in some form or another. I guess what I’m struggling with is my energy levels and diet… I’m putting my lack of energy down to my full schedule, working 5 days a week fulltime, (which I realise the majority of us do) and also working part time on the weekends and starting part time University study is taking its toll. I am finding it to hard to juggle all these aspects of my life while maintaining the large commitment that this competition requires. I will persevere however as I’m not a quitter and won’t use this as an excuse. I will still be getting up every morning at 5:30 to do boot camps and early morning runs and I’m going to spice up my diet (somehow) to keep it interesting.

I guess I’m lucky in a way because I love to be active and exercise doesn’t seem like a chore, I love going for long runs and clearing my head. After a workout I feel 100% better and the troubles of the day seem to fade away… it really does put you in a positive mood. I participated in my first TRX class held at Gold’s Gym, it was really fun and different to say the least. I highly recommended trying it out for yourself as it’s the best ab workout…

A body update, I can see that my chest has developed and totally change shape from day one, my abs are just starting to become noticeable through the ever decreasing layer of fat around my stomach. My legs… well I have always had big defined legs and they have just kept growing to my surprise as I thought they couldn’t get any bigger…. Oh and most importantly my bum is looking rounder and definitely not as flabby!!! YAY!!!! Those squats must be working!

The boys with their range of supplements supplied by Life Active

No comments:

Post a Comment