Friday, October 21, 2011

Ashley Curry - Shape Up - first blog entry

Early mornings, aching muscles, countless supplements to be ingested, doesn’t sound like the most glamorous and fun competition to have won, but never the less every ache and pain has been SO worth it. 
It is the end of Week 2 and I have already begun to see changes in my body, a new muscle here, slightly less fat there.  These first 2 weeks have all been about adapting to my new healthy active lifestyle. 
I have gone from an average guy, who tried to eat all the right things but was always tempted by delicious food and drinks, which always got the better of me.  I tried to go to the gym 4-5 times a week but a busy social calendar always got in the way.  Now I have committed myself to a healthy high protein, low fat diet and a vigorous weight training program and all the cardio I can possibly fit into my day.
Ashley's before photo
These first 2 weeks have been a real eye opener, I have found it surprisingly easy to change my diet and eat well… a little tip, if you think its bad for you, then it probably is!! Thanks to this new diet, which includes as many vegetables as possible I feel more alert, I’m sleeping better and I have so much more energy.  This increased energy both mentally and physically has aided in my training and I have actually started looking forward to training sessions.  The biggest tip I can recommend when it comes to training is doing as many different types of physical activity in a day as you possibly can.  This keeps things interesting and doesn’t make it seem like a chore.  I am working out in the gym 4-5 times a week for around an hour and on top of this I have signed up to the boot camp classes run by Andrew’s business Life Active, which are so much fun! I also try and ride my bike instead of driving my car and I’m taking advantage of the beautiful weather we are having by running in my lunch breaks.

My friends have always said I could have a good body if I just applied myself, but I always had an excuse ready… it has taken this competition to get me to realise that they were right and all I needed was to be dedicated and have a serious outlook towards my health. Hopefully I can keep on track and navigate the many Christmas parties and celebrations coming up in the next few months.

Remember its true what they say… “Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment