Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Greg Keith - Week 11-12

Greg in the midst of wresting with a (TRX)
alligator in the wilderness (and yes that is the
name of the exercise!)

So as per what Andrew said we had a bit of a break over the Christmas period for me it was from 23 December to 2nd January.
This involved having a nice Christmas break from the 23rd December – 27th with my two best friends ( which I consider to be my close gay family) , my partner & step son in a house on the Hawkesbury which was only accessible by boat . Luckily I was able to convince them to have a Paleo Christmas, okay so there were a few compromises I made my traditional Potato Salad, but also came up with one using sweet potato and my own freshly made Mayonnaise.

There were a few cocktails drunk throughout the weekend with nice fresh fruit as well made but this all didn’t stop me from staying focused. Early in the morning I was up doing runs around the island - even managed to beat my record of doing squats in a minute. Each morning when the others had got up had already done my run and had a nice fresh detox drink for them each, one of them remarked how easy it was for him to get back into the gym when he came back from the holiday. I think the reason for this was all the food we had over Christmas was fresh and there was no processed food used throughout the period.
However unlike them for me and my partner it was off to Myall Lakes with the Careel sailing group. This didn’t mean training stopped: no way! One of the guys brought along a surf board which meant I was able to paddle out into the middle of the lake each morning which I loved. Heck it has reignited my passion for surfing!
Greg thought to include this photo of what I
can only assume is his zombie like trance
heading to the wilds for a surfboard swim
and TRX session at 5:30am
While up there Andrew sent a text asking if we were ready to get big in January which in return I replied was concerned as my chest had shrunk as I hadn’t been near a gym for so long. The reply back - had I been using the TRX? Hmm I needed to start using it. So every morning I was up using it, became a feature some people thought it might be some weird sex toy LOL hanging from the tree. A couple of times I woke them up in the morning with my grunting when using. It’s not as easy as using it in the gym, certainly keeps those core muscles going.
When I came back was aching for the gym and have been back into it ever since!
So over the Christmas period and New Year was it hard did I let myself go? Sure I had a few drinks and even at one stage had some chocolate cake which was awesome hadn’t had anything like this since I started. But the main thing is the whole time made sure I kept up with the cardio and ate healthy food throughout. Another thing which has happened out of this whole experience is my passion for cooking has returned.
Last night had a craving for Spaghetti Bolognese , so instead of using pasta substituted it with eggplant done julienne style, sautéed with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil. Heck my stepson even liked it and asked if I could cook it again.
Yes at the moment we are on a strict diet with the lead up to the photo shoot. Okay I think I raved on enough now but as always if you want to you can keep track of me through twitter Greg491. And yes I will also be getting back into my original blog Greg mind Body soul which I created to get myself fit. In it I remember saying if I’m a fan of Kylie Minogue I need to be in shape. Bring on your 25 years concert Kylie I can now say I’m ready for it LOL!   

No comments:

Post a Comment