Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ash's blog weeks 11-12


So I’ve finished up work for the year, so happy and now I am on holidays!

I am spending my entire holiday period at my parent’s house in country NSW. This would usually involve relaxing and getting my mum to wait on me hand and foot. Not to mention EAT!!! Like we all think, our mums are the best cooks in the entire world… well my mum is no exception. She is a dessert Queen. My family home is always full of delicious treats. This period would usually see myself putting on the normal 5kgs holiday weight, which every year I would spend all of January and most of February trying to work off. This year the exact opposite was to happen. I was super good and only had 2 meals off while at home in Leeton, one being Christmas lunch (without the delicious Trifle and pavlova for dessert.)

I got myself a temporary gym membership while in Leeton. This was the best thing I could have done as there isn’t much to do in a small country town so whenever I found myself getting bored I would take myself to the gym. I spent many hours at this gym for this very reason!! While in Leeton I also took up swimming. I would swim a kilometre a day. I enjoyed this immensely as I usually had the entire pool to myself. I also went on long 15km runs around the countryside. The scenery on the runs was beautiful and I found this incredibly therapeutic.


I loved my time at home as I could really focus on my training and saw real results during this period. I was so proud of myself because every day of my time away I had food temptations all around me but my will power stayed strong and I got back to Sydney feeling excited and motivated for the final week of the competition!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment